We are eight days away from The Big Chill at the Big House, which is expected to shatter the hockey attendance record. Upwards of 110,000 people are expected for the game, and crews have been hard at work all week to get Michigan Stadium ready for the event. Below is a rundown of notes about the event, recapping the latest news from this week.
- From AnnArbor.com comes a video of Michigan head coach Red Berenson testing out the Big House ice:
- AnnArbor.com also has a photo gallery of the ice being painted and of Berenson's test run on the ice.
- MVictors has a picture of the Michigan Stadium setup from 2,000 feet in the air.
- The first game in Michigan Stadium will take place between Adrian College and Concordia (Wisconsin) College Saturday morning. A full schedule of games can be found here.
- Parking for The Big Chill will be similar to a Michigan football Saturday.
- From 10:15 a.m. to 3:35 p.m. on the Sunday after The Big Chill (Dec. 12), there will be eight open skate sessions. Tickets to skate on the Big House ice are $15 per person and a portion of the proceeds will go to C.S. Mott Children's Hospital. Click here for more information.
- Click here for a live webcam of Michigan Stadium.