Skip to main content
- "Very, very excited about the leadership displayed."
- Greg Jones has a great physical presence on the field and is a guy that can make plays all over the field.
- "Eric Gordon comes back as a fourth-year starter (at linebacker)."
- "Gotta come up with more turnovers (on defense)." One thing the defense really needs to improve on next season.
- "When you have an experienced quarterback, good things can happen for you."
- "Keith Nichol returns as an x-factor guy."
- Every time Keshawn Martin touches the ball he averages about 18 yards a play.
- Offensive line returns three starters and two guys who have had limited starting experience.
- About six guys from our recruiting class getting on the field every year.
- "33% of (Aaron Bates') punts drop inside the 20."
Answers to questions (after what was probably the longest opening statement in the history of Big Ten Media Days):
- Margin of error isn't very big. Have to be right 100% of the time.
- "When you look at any conference, you look at the team that's won most consistently in that conference." (Responding to a question about Ohio State)
- "Coach Tressel does an outstanding job. I'm sure we all know that."
- Looking at the pass rush last year, defense did a good job of getting sacks.
- 3-4 defense will be part of what they do. On run/pass downs they will transition to that.
- "We want to put our best players on the field."
- Linebacker is one of the strongest positions.
- A 3-4 defense lends to getting the most talented players on the field.
- "Thank you very much, Go Green."