Michigan's basketball team is currently preparing for its trip to Europe, and in conjunction with that John Beilein met with the media last week to provide an update on a variety of topics.â†µ
- Evan Smotrycz broke his toe playing whiffleball (seriously) and hasn't been cleared to practice yet. â†µ
- Also not cleared yet is Colton Christian, who pulled his hamstring. â†µ
- Jordan Morgan is close to being able to practice. He had shoulder surgery after last season, and it is expected that he, Smotrycz and Christian will all be cleared before the team leaves for Europe. â†µ
- Darius Morris' parents likely are going on the trip with him and the team. â†µ
Eso Akunne, who missed the second half of last season because he was academically ineligible, is back with the team on a full-time basis.
- Former Wolverine DeShawn Sims is headed to Europe as well, because he is going to play for a team in Greece in 2010-11. â†µ