Michigan State football's 2011 recruiting class is nearly complete. With signing day now here, its 21 current commits have already started sending in their letters of intent. Also, over the course of the day MSU will hope to add one or two more recruits to the recruiting class, as a couple players considering the Spartans have yet to announce their decision.
Here is a rundown of Michigan State's 21 current commits (star ratings from Rivals.com):
- ATH Onaje Miller (3*, Lansing, MI)
- QB Connor Cook (3*, Cuyahoga Falls, OH)
- WR Juwan Caesar (3*, Miami, FL)
- WR Andre Sims Jr. (3*, Snellville, GA)
- WR Roger Williamson (3*, Dayton, OH)
- TE Paul Lang (2*, Pittsburgh, PA)
- OT Donavon Clark (3*, Cincinnati, OH)
- OG Brandon Clemons (4*, Milford, PA)
- OG Kyle Lints (3*, Traverse City, MI)
- C Jack Allen (3*, Hinsdale, IL)
- DE Joel Heath (3*, Cincinnati, OH)
- DE Shilique Calhoun (3*, Middletown, NJ)
- DE Damon Knox (3*, Muskegon, MI)
- DT Matthew Ramondo (3*, Las Cruces, NM)
- DT Mark Scarpinato (3*, Milwaukee, WI)
- LB Lawrence Thomas (4*, Detroit, MI)
- LB Ed Davis (3*, Detroit, MI)
- LB Taiwan Jones (3*, New Baltimore, MI)
- LB Darien Harris (3*, Hyattsville, MD)
- S Arjen Colquhoun (3*, Windsor, ON)
- S Trae Waynes (2*, Kenosha, WI)
Two players who have yet to announce a decision are still considering Michigan State:
- Defensive tackle Darian Cooper (3*, Hyattsville, MD) is going to announce his decision on ESPNU at noon. The Washington Post reported on Tuesday that Cooper is down to Michigan State and Iowa, but Michigan and Georgia Tech are believed to be finalists as well. Whatever the case, the Spartans have a good shot at landing Cooper, who was high school teammates with MSU commit Darien Harris.
- Offensive tackle Fou Fonoti (3*, Norwalk, CA) will decide between Michigan State, Rutgers and UCLA. He is a JUCO player that would bring some nice experience to the Spartans' 2011 recruiting class.
Traverse City offensive tackle Jake Fisher had Michigan State in his final list of schools, but he will sign with Oregon.