The Michigan State football team began spring practice toward the end of March. Since then there have been a number of tidbits of news that we haven't addressed yet here on SB Nation Detroit. Rather than try to play catch up by spreading out all of the updates, let's just run down the different pieces of news below.
- When practice opened, Henry Conway, Joel Forman, Connor Kruse and A.J. Troup were out with injuries. After a couple days of practice, it was announced that Antonio Jeremiah and Nate Klatt were out the rest of the spring. Jeremiah injured his ACL and Klatt broke his foot during the very first practice.
- Brian Linthicum and Max Bullough were suspended for the first two practices as punishment for their spring break arrest in Colorado.
- Michigan State's first scrimmage of the spring took place on Friday. The Free Press has a recap of the action.
- The Spartans' practice schedule for next week is as follows: practice on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; scrimmage on Saturday. This, of course, is all building toward MSU's spring game, which is scheduled for April 30 at 1:30 p.m.
- Michigan State's official website has a look at what Mark Dantonio had to say during his pre-practice press conference.