The No. 3 Michigan St. Spartans and No. 6 Memphis Tigers face off in the third round of the NCAA Tournament on Saturday.
The Spartans advanced here by dispatching Valparaiso, 65-54, in the second round. They didn't have much trouble taking care of their 14-seeded opponent. Derrick Nix led the way with 23 points and 15 rebounds, while Keith Appling added 15 points.
The Tigers defeated No. 11 St. Mary's, 54-52. They nearly gave the game away in the final minutes as the Gaels rallied from a double-digit deficit in the second half, but hung on at the end when Matthew Dellavedova's buzzer-beater shot fell short. Joe Jackson and Adonis Thomas led the way with 14 and 12 points, respectively.
Game time and TV: 2:45 P.M. ET, CBS
Location: The Palace of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, Mich.
Line: Michigan St. by 6
More in College Basketball:
• Saturday's March Madness TV schedule
• March Madness: Friday's scores, GIFs and more
• Printable bracket for March Madness
• Chasing Cinderella: Iona's inspiring run
• An oral history of Bryce Drew's epic buzzer-beater
• Full coverage of March Madness