Miguel Cabrera, who last week suffered a small fracture under his eye, has been cleared to play, according to MLive's Chris Iott.
Iott penned this article after first reporting the news via Twitter:
Miguel Cabrera has been cleared medically. Will do conditioning today and will resume baseball activities on Wednesday. #Tigers— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) March 27, 2012
Cabrera, who led the league last season with a .344 batting average, made the move from first base to third after the Tigers acquired Prince Fielder from the Milwaukee Brewers in the offseason. It was at third that Cabrera had a run-in with a smoking-hot grounder from Philadelphia Phillies outfielder Hunter Pence.
According to Iott's article, Cabrera has studied film of the play:
Cabrera said Monday morning that he has watched the replay of the ball that hit him multiple times because he wanted to learn whether he had done anything wrong.
"I wanted to see if I did something wrong so it doesn't happen again," he said. "But I had nothing to do with that ball. I was in good position."
Manager Jim Leyland was a little more succinct:
"He did do something wrong," Leyland said. "He didn't get the (expletive) out of the way."
The Tigers play the Astros on Tuesday.