Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, who will start in Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, made a cameo on David Letterman Monday.
For his nightly "Top 10" list, Letterman had 10 different players make a quip. Verlander relayed the first of evening's "Top 10 facts about the All-Star Game":
This year, they've added an extra base.
The rest of the Top 10 -- transcribed by MLive.com, which also has a video of the skit -- included:
9. Catcher may be replaced by a designated squatter (Joe Mauer)
8. After the Home Run Derby, there's now a Weak Grounder to Third Derby (Chris Sale)
7. During the 1937 All-Star Game, Dizzy Dean's the first player to to yell "Go sit in the truck!" (Jered Weaver)
6. All-Star etiquette requires players to spit discreetly into a handkerchief (David Price)
5. The game's tomorrow and I still don't know what the All-Star ambassador does (George Brett)
4. Players need notes from two different doctors to get out of doing lame top ten lists (Adam Jones)
3. This year's game is cup-optional (Josh Hamilton)
2. Earlier today, we all bonded at a matinee of "Magic Mike" (C.J. Wilson)
1. Oh crap, the game's tomorrow?! (Derek Jeter)
Coverage of the All-Star Game, which will be held at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, will begin at 7:30 Eastern. The event will be televised on Fox and streamed online at MLB.com.
For more on the Detroit Tigers, check out Bless You Boys. You can also head over to SB Nation's main MLB hub at Baseball Nation, or watch SB Nation's YouTube channel: