Detroit Tigers pitcher Justin Verlander, who will start in Tuesday's MLB All-Star Game, made a cameo on David Letterman Monday.
For his nightly "Top 10" list, Letterman had 10 different players make a quip. Verlander relayed the first of evening's "Top 10 facts about the All-Star Game":
This year, they've added an extra base.
The rest of the Top 10 -- transcribed by MLive.com, which also has a video of the skit -- included:
9. Catcher may be replaced by a designated squatter (Joe Mauer)
8. After the Home Run Derby, there's now a Weak Grounder to Third Derby (Chris Sale)
7. During the 1937 All-Star Game, Dizzy Dean's the first player to to yell "Go sit in the truck!" (Jered Weaver)
6. All-Star etiquette requires players to spit discreetly into a handkerchief (David Price)
5. The game's tomorrow and I still don't know what the All-Star ambassador does (George Brett)
4. Players need notes from two different doctors to get out of doing lame top ten lists (Adam Jones)
3. This year's game is cup-optional (Josh Hamilton)
2. Earlier today, we all bonded at a matinee of "Magic Mike" (C.J. Wilson)
1. Oh crap, the game's tomorrow?! (Derek Jeter)
Coverage of the All-Star Game, which will be held at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, will begin at 7:30 Eastern. The event will be televised on Fox and streamed online at MLB.com.