- The announcers for the 2011 Capital One Bowl between Michigan State and Alabama will be Brad Nessler and Todd Blackledge. This is the announcing crew that called the thrilling MSU-Notre Dame game back in September. (Holly Rowe will be the sideline reporter.)
- Alabama is favored by a touchdown over Michigan State right now.
- Alabama not only sold out its allotment of 12,500 tickets, but it sold a total of 16,000 tickets as of Wednesday. Michigan State had sold 9,000 tickets as of Tuesday and put in a request for 5,000 more tickets (on top of its allotment of 12,500 tickets), so it looks like there will be a good number of MSU fans at the game.
- The Capital One Bowl has the 10th-highest average ticket price of the 35 bowl games.
- Because there are so many games being played in a short period of time at the Florida Citrus Bowl, the field at the Capital One Bowl has historically been pretty bad. Last year, for example, it was an absolute nightmare, causing injuries and overall some bad play (due both to overuse and rain). This year, however, the field will not be a concern because the Florida Citrus Bowl now has AstroTurf’s Gameday Grass 3-D, which is synthetic. It's not common to see fake turf in Florida, but this was a necessity for the Florida Citrus Bowl and its bowl games.
2011 Capital One Bowl: Michigan State, Alabama's Tickets Going Fast; Other Notes
By Sean Yuille