Earlier this week Michigan State added its 11th member of the 2012 football recruiting class when MacGarrett Kings committed to the Spartans. Kings, a wide receiver from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, attended a camp at MSU earlier this week and quickly decided he wanted to become a future Spartan.
Kings is rated by all of the recruiting sites as a three-star recruit. Rivals ranks him 78th at WR, whereas Scout has him 52nd in the nation at running back. ESPN ranks him 121st at wide receiver, and 24/7 Sports doesn't have him in the wide receiver or running back rankings.
According to Rivals, Kings' offer list includes Michigan State, Boston College, Cincinnati, Louisville, Rutgers, South Florida, UCF, Wake Forest, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.
Michigan State Football Recruiting Class Of 2012
- DB Riley Bullough (Traverse City, MI) - 6'2", 195 lbs., ***
- OL Zach Higgins (Alliance, OH) - 6'5", 305 lbs., ***
- OG Benny McGowan (Centerville, OH) - 6'4", 290 lbs., ***
- TE/DE Evan Jones (West Lafayette, OH) - 6'6", 240 lbs., ***
- QB Tyler O'Connor (Lima, OH) - 6'3", 202 lbs., ***
- DE Se'Von Pittman (Canton, OH) - 6'5", 245 lbs., ****
- WR Kyle Kerrick (Coatesville, PA) - 6'3", 183 lbs., ***
- LB Jamal Lyles (Southfield, MI) - 6'3", 215 lbs., ***
- TE/DE Josiah Price (Greentown, IN) - 6'5", 239 lbs., ***
- RB Nick Tompkins (Snellville, GA) - 5'10", 185 lbs., ***
- WR MacGarrett Kings (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - 5'11", 178 lbs., ***
(Height, weight and stars from Rivals.com)