After Caleb Benenoch decommitted back on June 12, Michigan State was left with just six commits for its 2013 football recruiting class. The Spartans then went a week with no activity on the recruiting trail in terms of commitments. Since then, however, the Spartans have added four new commitments, including three in the last 24 hours alone.
The latest new commit for Michigan State is wide receiver Jay Harris. He is from Pennsylvania and is the second wide receiver to commit to Michigan State on Monday. Earlier in the day, Ohio wide receiver Trey Kilgore committed to MSU.
Harris is an under the radar type of prospect. He is unrated on Rivals and is a three-star recruit on Scout and 24/7 Sports. Scout ranks him 109th at wide receiver, whereas 24/7 Sports has him 91st. In the state of Pennsylvania, 24/7 Sports has Harris ranked 16th.
Harris' offer list only includes Michigan State, Temple and Old Dominion, according to 24/7 Sports.
Michigan State Football Recruiting Class Of 2013
- RB Gerald Holmes (Flint, MI) - 6'0", 205 lbs., ***
- LB Jon Reschke (Bloomfield, MI) - 6'2", 229 lbs., ****
- S Jalyn Powell (Warren, OH) - 6'1", 185 lbs., ***
- RB R.J. Shelton (Beaver Dam, WI) - 5'11", 185 lbs., ***
- LB Shane Jones (Cincinnati, OH) - 6'1", 220 lbs., ****
- QB Damion Terry (Erie, PA) - 6'4", 210 lbs., ***
- CB Darian Hicks (Solon, OH) - 6'0", 175 lbs., ***
- TE Dylan Chmura (Waukesha, WI) - 6'6", 225 lbs., NR
- WR Trey Kilgore (Cincinnati, OH) - 6'2", 183 lbs., ***
- WR Jay Harris (Exton, PA) - 5'11", 170 lbs., NR
(Height, weight and stars from Rivals.com)