With no seniors on its roster, the Michigan basketball team is set to return everybody next season that helped take Duke to the wire on Sunday. The one caveat is that everybody must decide to return. Nobody is graduating, but attrition could always happen, as we all saw last year with Manny Harris going pro a year earlier than most expected.â†µ
While the 2010-11 edition of the Wolverines certainly has potential NBA talent, nobody on the team seems like a real threat to decide to go pro early. Even so, both Darius Morris and Tim Hardaway Jr. have been mentioned as future NBA players, and The Daily's Dan Wolken even said on Sunday that Morris "could leave this year if he wanted to." The general consensus is that Morris and Hardaway Jr. are at least a year away, but as Harris taught us last year, never rule out the possibility of someone going pro.â†µ
Luckily for Michigan, Morris, its star point guard, does not plan on leaving for the NBA. He will be a junior next fall if he returns to school, and that is exactly what he plans to do.â†µ
"Yep," Morris said when he was asked if he was definitely returning next season.â†µ
This echoes what Morris said a week ago, when he said "yeah, I’m here man. I’m not going anywhere."â†µ
As tough as the ending to the Duke game was with the missed shot, Morris said that it will motivate him during the offseason. I'm sure the way this season ended will motivate the entire team, and with so much talent and experience coming back next season, the 2011-12 Wolverines could be a part of something special.